Ham and Spaghetti Casserole
- ¼ Cup (or less) Salad or Olive Oil
- 2 Tb Onion, chopped
- 1 Tb Green Pepper, chopped
- 1 Clove Garlic
- ¼ Cup Parsley, chopped
- 2 Tsp Italian Herbs (rosemary, basil, marjoram, thyme - equal parts)
- 2 Cups Ham, diced (or lunch meat - Spam)
- Salt to taste - be careful, ham is salty
- ¼ Tsp Black Pepper, ground
- 2 ½ Cup Tomatoes (one number 2 can)
- 1 Cup Mushrooms (one 3 oz can)
- 1 Cup mushroom water from the can above, and water
- ½ Lb Spaghetti, broken into thirds
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese, grated
- Saute lightly in oil - onion, green pepper, garlic, parsley, and herbs
- Add Ham
- Saute a few minutes more
- Add black pepper, tomatoes, mushrooms, and liquid
- Simmer, covered, for 20 minutes
- Taste, add salt as desired
- Cook spaghetti until al dente (or to taste). Drain
- Combine spaghetti and sauteed meat mix in 2 Quart casserole
(WMS - I do this in layers if making a double-batch or more.)
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, covered, 40 minutes (or until bubbly) in 350 degree oven.
- Serves 8
Casserole freezes well before baking.
Make a day ahead and refrigerate until the next day. Baking will take longer.
Casserole can be divided - ½ for freezer, ½ for cooking and eating at once.
Tastes great with Spam (WMS).